Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The 7 & 1/2 Habits

View problems as challenges have always been a problem to me, specially if I don't like what's involved. Hopefully, there won't be any problems -- hey, that's a good thought to begin with!
As a web designer/developer, constantly learning new things is part of my job, and using technology to my advantage is obviously my daily routine; to teach/mentor others is part of my job description and something I have been doing online for quite some time, but to do it in person is a new thing for me, although so far I've been successful.

One interesting aspect in this case is that the range of technologies I have to learn and update myself with is so wide that I frequently have no time to try new ones when not job-related. And that's when I'm grateful for working at HPL: I have the chance to be familiar with things that are made available to the public and which interest me to be aware of, and hopefully to know more about them. Yes, it's possible to know how to build web pages and, despite that, not know how to use some of the web services made possible through them -- it's too much info for too little time!

By the way, for you getting familiar with the Web 2.0 stuff, you will notice that so many interesting places to go and do things require more than the 24 hours we have a day...

No comments: