Monday, April 28, 2008

Too fast and too flawed

Yesterday I bought an incredible digital piano, with not only a grand piano sound, but also its feel -- it actually feels exactly like playing a piano, to the extreme that you can swear you hear the hammering noise of its keys. But once I turned it off and on again, it wouldn't work. I had to repeat pressing the switch until it finally worked.

Last year, I had a laptop die fifteen days after the warranty expired, and my daughter has a digital camera from a reputted brand that randomly requires removing the battery and inserting it back in order to work -- and it also happens with a friend's camera from the same brand.

So what is it with all the advanced technology that seems to forget the basics? Is technology advancing too fast? In that case, how will companies where technology is crucial deal with flaws (Can you imagine NASA dealing with a faulty camera from the brand I mentioned... in Mars)?

No comments: