Friday, May 2, 2008

My First Zoho

Zoho Writer -- online text editor

I immediately thought of how many times I needed to open a document in someone else's computer just to find that there wasn't a program associated with that file extension. That is in addition to all the other support problems that Murphy's Law is all about, and in the middle of which the need for a word processor/text editor came up. And for collaborative work, I can't see a better way to do things. It will probably be a while until people get used to online editors and the idea behind them, but I can see why they may soon be replacing the traditional locally installed software.

It took me some time to figure out how to publish to this blog, but then I found it among the menu options... "Publish", what else? In general, it looks as easy as a desktop editor with added collaborative resources.

No comments: